Careers at Manna
To apply for an opening, email a resume to Job@mannafood.org or fax your resume to 301-294-7968.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Food Distribution Clerk
Manna Food Center Job Description- Food Distribution Clerk
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-time 35 hours a week. Non-Exempt
- This position is part of a team that offers food service to our vulnerable neighbors. The Clerk is responsible for the daily distribution of food at satellite sites through direct interactions with the public.
Summary of essential job functions
- Oversees the client check-in for all food distributed using established policies and utilizing trained volunteers
- Ensures that the food that is distributed in open boxes meets all food safety and nutrition guidelines
- Ensures that all open boxes have a similar quantity and quality of fresh and prepared food according to Manna standards
- Ensures that food is distributed to clients efficiently and according to program qualifications
- Ensures that clients are always treated with respect and kindness
- Backs-up fulltime drivers to secure food donations and make deliveries
- As available, works closely with warehouse volunteers
- As available, assists in making sure the warehouse is clean and well organized.
- Supports operations with other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to treat all participants with dignity and manage difficult and/or challenging clients with polite respect
- Experience in a fast-paced, high energy environment such as restaurant or food industry, social service, or retail
- Able to multi-task effectively and handle a wide variety of diverse and concurrent responsibilities
- Excellent logistical and organizational skills
- ServSafe certification within 180 days
- Able to pass and maintain the MD Medical Examiner’s Certificate (DOT card)
- Pre-employment drug screening
- Able to be insured under Manna’s insurance policies
- Fluency in Spanish and English is preferred
- Prior truck experience (non-CDL) and willingness to occasionally drive is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this position email resume and cover letter to Job@mannafood.org or fax to 301-294-7968 before 5 p.m. May 29, 2015. No phone calls. Manna is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Manna is committed to ending hunger in Montgomery County, MD and we seek teammates who embrace our vision and values. Applicants representing the communities we serve are encouraged to apply.
Date Posted: 05/11/2015